Monday, November 15, 2004

The Polar Express

My wife hosted a bridal shower for my sister this past Saturday, so naturally, the kids and I found ourselves away from the home front. Going to the movies is a rare phenomenon in our household, but on this day, I decided to take a chance on The Polar Express. I can tell you this, I was not disappointed. Robert Zemekis and Tom Hanks have done it again. This film is a visual feast. The animation is purely phenomenal! The story and soundtrack--excellent. A film that is sure to put you in the mood for Christmas. I found myself transported by the stunning colors and cinematography, and at times feeling like a kid again.

Like the previous efforts of this titanic duo, this film is full of symbolism. Hope is thematically woven throughout the tale and I found parts of the story to be richly consistent with a Christian world-view. I won't spoil it for anyone, but there is one clip, concerning a lost ticket, which masterfully and breathtakingly illustrates the providence of God. Furthermore, the film builds to a climatic scene at the center of the North Pole. Although, this involved Santa, the ebullience expressed by the characters, had me envisioning The Lamb's Feast in heaven. Needless to say, the kids and I had a great time. Worth every penny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home