Wednesday, August 23, 2006

More Tales...

In the past, our regular readers (I wonder if there are any left) gave kudos to our Tales From The Hood segment. For the new or casual reader (should any exist), I should note that the city in which I reside is home to both the poor and the pretentious. This cross section of Americana often lends itself to interesting observations.

Recently, a nearby family who boasts teenagers, allowed their kids to obtain a motor vehicle. I regular pass the home when walking with my family or when running with the Black Haired Viking from up the street. I am unsure how much control the parents actually exert over their brood based upon previous observations, but suffice it to say, the lads now operate a motor vehicle, which in and of itself is a dreadful propostion. I don't know what happened to this wreck but the lads haved ceased to care for it.

Let me explain, when the car first appeared in the hood, it stood out conspicuously, as the owners never parked it in the driveway, but on the street. It didn't look bad, white paint, good shape, a few dings, but nothing noteworthy other than the fact that it was always parked on the street where they live. Early this summer, the car incurred some sort of injury, losing the driver's side window. I know this, as once I drove by on a rainy day to see the window dressed with the latest in auto fasion, courtesy of Glad; I think it was called Le Hefty ala duc` tape. All the rage in Paris these days I'm sure.

One might think this a rather neccessary item to repair given the elements, but the lads thought otherwise, or rather gave no consideration whatsoever, for they tired of mounting the bag. Of course Mother nature obliged such behavior with an ease that probably seemed strangely reminiscent to the lads' of their usual dating circle. That said, there is only so much scorn to be endured when be taken for granted and the recent month has yielded a deluge of vindictiveness. The boys however, seem oblivious and now their white jalopy serves as a rain gauge for those to frugal to purchase one of their own. When I last checked ours--3 inches in two days. Ummm...nothing like late summer mold to make you long for the Back To School Days at your local Box Mart.

On a happier note, the companions of the aforementioned deluge (funder & lightening) awoke my littlest at 3:30am. I thought, "this is what Dad must have felt like during his Navy years." The munchkin was scared and wanted to be held. "Hold you daddy, hold you." I was happy to oblige and did so until the brightening of the 5am rays, which beckoned me to try and salvage what little was left of those precious moments in bed.

Great night if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home