Monday, April 04, 2005

If Bad Things Happen In Threes............

Schiavo, the Pope, and.........

Does anyone else find it interesting--that after the herculian battle to save Terri Schiavo failed, perhaps the world's staunchest defender of life, Pope John Paul II, passed away? It is almost symbolic of the battles that lie ahead.

Also interesting, is the media's attempt to influence the election of the next pope, before the cardinals are sequestered in the Sistine Chapel, free of media influence. Having been to the Vatican, I can assure you that this is a very nice place in which to be quarantined. Almost makes me wish I was a cardinal. Well, no not really. At any rate, see Hugh for the latest round up. This media attempt is noteworthy, considering the vociferous nature the left takes in misrepresenting the separation of church and state. Of course the idea is to reform the church into the cultural image they are comfortable with. A dangerous proposition if you ask me.

Lastly, great article (linked on Hugh this weekend), regarding the overshadowed aspects of the Schiavo case due to Popes passing. Give it a read.

3 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Grisby said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Grisby said...

Great Comments!

First, there are American Cardinals who will participate in the conclave, and it is their opinions that MSM is attempting to influence. Certainly, of the 118 or so cardinals, many I'm sure are not watching the punditry pontificate (pun intended).

Second, the Indonesian earthquakes are a good nomination for the third spot in the triad of pain. At the time of posting I hadn't thought of it, but in lieu of yet another quake this past Sunday, it is appropriately and deservedly placed. And yes, I hope I do not present as ethnocentric. At least, not any more than I can help.

Third, it was never my intent to argue that the Schiavo case did not receive the media attention it merited. Rather, my use of the term "overshadowed" was meant to communicate my intent to draw attention to the finer points of the case. My thinking being, that perhaps such nuances were of more salient interest to the discussion/debate. This is something which I have tried to tease out in previous posts- perhaps not as effectively as I would like.

I appreciate your readership and insights. I hope this blog isn't a cure for any insomina you may be experiencing?!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Grisby said...

I should also mention that the very notion of overshadowed or underreported aspects underscores the importance of the blogosphere and radio as the tour-de-force news medium.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home