Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A Great Day for Minnesota

Today was a great day for Minnesota. Today was a great day for the nation.

Senator Mark Dayton announced that he will not be seeking re-election. That is the best news that I have heard in a long time. His performance on the armed services committee was embarrassing for our state. He was downright rude to the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. His ramblings were incoherent. Then came his pre-election "duck-and-cover." He closed his office for fear that some terrorist might attack the Capitol. He sided with the lunatic fringe during the "Boxer Rebellion."

But, those days are over are soon to be gone. If we can just survive for two more years, we will be rid of Senator Dayton for good. I had often said that I would do everything in my power to make sure that Senator Dayton did not get re-elected. But it looks like the Senator has done my work for me.

What a great day.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Dana said...

I too am very happy to see him go. It should be interesting to see what kind of freakshow the Democrats will put up to run for his seat. I've heard Al Franken might run, or even Jesse Ventura, God help us all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home