Monday, February 28, 2005

Whirlwind

What a weekend! I need a vacation. And so begins my Monday.

The last four days have flown, as is the case when good times beckon you. My sister and brother in-law had their wedding reception this weekend, so the majority of my family was in town. The baseline for merriment follows as such: The build-up is tremendous, the moment of truth all to brief, and the emotional let down afterward--numbingly blue.

Everything went smashingly well. Of course, my sister was stunningly radiant and the wedding party looked spectacular as a whole. A good time was had by all. It was great to connect with family and old friends--some of which, I haven't seen for over a decade. All-in-all, my children behaved wonderfully, and Marissa was in her element during the dance. It is safe to say that we all awoke on Sunday morning with sore arms and feet!

Dancing is surely no stranger to weddings, and I've enjoyed the mirth of many such occassions; but I must admit, having children amplifies my satisfaction in these instances. Their enthusiasm, boundless energy, and matchless intensity to revel in the moment (with you) captures the heart. Pure magic!

The customary pattern of life beckons once again. Beguiling as such circumstances [with family & friends) can be, it is somewhat comforting to get back into the normal routine. All in all it was a great weekend.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Grisby said...

Appreciate your comments. I am glad that you were not offended by my weird sense of humor. Another reader was however, so that is why I removed it. By the way--I am glad you read us--even if you should be sleeping instead!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home