Friday, February 11, 2005

Men Who Quell The Storm & Ride The Thunder

To the Betio Bastards and our normal readers,

I have chosen to title this post after the remarks of President Roosevelt, as quoted by Lieutenant Colonel T.S. Mundy in the address to his command. Very soon the Third Battalion Second Marines will be leaving the comfort of their loving families, and these hallowed shores for the dust of Iraq. They will place themselves in harms way, so that my children can play in the park without fear. They will do so, that I may go to the market with impugnity. They will do so to bring the light of freedom to a place that until recently, only knew darkness.

Let me say to you courageous Marines, thank you. You have the love of your nation, the respect of your countrymen, and the honor you so richly deserve.

Lt. John Anderson, a.k.a., Chappy, or Chaps, (formerly known as Tassle Boy) is the recently assigned Chaplain to the 3/2. A man of the utmost integrity, Lt. Anderson, is proud to serve the 3/2 as he is passionate about the Corps, and the brave souls that are her mighty throng. I am fortunate and proud to call him my friend. I am confident that you will find great resolve and admiration in his steady leadership, while you are away. Furthermore, I have great trust that you Marines will take good care of him in this earthly war as I know he will be warring on your behalf in the spiritual realm. He will not be alone in this task however; as you are Always Faitful in the discharge of your duty, so will we be here at home. We will be faithful in bringing our petitions before Almighty God, the source of your protection and strength, that you may be blessed, and brought home to us safely.

Semper Fi!

A Grateful Citizen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home