Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Grown-Up Exercise

Having competed in 4 triathlons and numerous small races in recent years, I have learned to love the exercise of running. Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought I would become one of "those people."

I think it comes from the necessity of having to keep up with three active youngsters and my thirty-something metabolism not being what it was, say when I was in college. Furthermore, the accountability of having the black-haired viking from up the street to train with and push me has been integral. So here I am, a running and exercise enthusiast.

Last night, I came late from a run to find my youngest (2.5) completing her bedtime routine. She looked so cuddly in her fuzzy pajamas, I was dying to rock her to sleep in the chair (I know--bad habit, but she is the baby after all) but alas my shirt was soaked. I leaned in and gave her a kiss.

"Daddy, out with Uncle Mike?" she queried.

"Yes, hon, Daddy ran with Uncle Mike, but I'm home now." I responded.

Noticing the sweat in my face and soaked t-shirt, my astute little observer, challenged my version of the facts.

"Daddy jump in puddles with Uncle Mike? Daddy jump in puddles?" she excitedly pursued what she thought must have really happened.

That sounds like an exercise I could really get into.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for you! Keeping in shape! And check out I Tim. 4:8 for some perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home