Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Benedict

Less than 48 hours have transpired since the new Pope was elected, and already the coverage of the event grates me. The banality of it all! Today's edition of the Star Tribune, as well as countless other media outlets, has wasted no time in expressing there disappointment. It essentially amounts to the grieving cacophony of MSM's collective voice in electing a Catholic Pope. What did they expect? A protestant trans-gendered universalist who prays to cows? The narcissim of the left in expecting a faith based instituiton to adapt to their idealogical platform is sheer hubris. I am not catholic, but if I were I would probably want the most catholic of the cardinals to be the Pope. But since I am not catholic, what I think about catholic doctrine is of absolutely no relevance to the church hierarchy in determining the course of their church. And guess what? I am just fine with that. What a muslim thinks of my Christian faith has absolutely no bearing on the existence or manifestation of my faith, other than the implications for evangelism. Of course, the links on the right of this page offer more insightful commentary on this than you probably care to read in a day. At any rate, the battle for the soul rages on--there is only ONE hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home